Thursday 10 April 2014

Emperor Mk.II - Legs

I started this project with much gusto... figuring i'd get to the end of it in better shape than I did the last time..

I think this image sums up where I am at, at the moment

Anyway.... Legs

I have the main body chassis constructed but need to get the legs and pelvis sections put together so that a free-standing body can be visualized.  
I want to keep with the Epic theme... but realize that making rounded legs is going to 
1. be a pain
2. be painful to add details to - because of the rounded surface
3. not be particularly strong - i'm obsessing about this element!





Paul commented on the last blog about some really nice conversions of the old Epic Imperator model... I wasn't particularly using any of these.... however, one of these has box like legs that I rather like.
But they are a little too boxy for me... so i'm working on combining the rounded aspect of the original and a box like construction so that I can get some strength in there (hopefully).  I also rather like the back of the original legs, with it's stepped design 



Current Leg design

This is what I currently have designed... attempting to bring the square and rounded versions I mentioned previously. 
I quite like the design, as it gives me a solid foundation and flat surfaces to add more detail to but also has a rounded element that pays homage to the original version

I need to add more parts to the top so that I can tie in where the actual leg (40mm pipe) will join the base part... I have some ideas but am still mulling them over.

These are a work in progress... obviously, as with the torso there is a LOT of details to add - there will be windows similar to the original design with gun ports etc.  I have some mad conversion ideas for these

Front View

Side View

After some considerable time... i got this far

Front/inside side view

Side View

Back View

Direct Front View

Loads more to do... i now need to work on the other leg and then the pelvis section so I can get a standing torso/chassis

No comments:

Post a Comment