Monday 14 July 2014

Assembly... well sort of

I spent the weekend doing lots of fiddly bits on the Emperor... I've not got many photos taken but in my attempt to keep things updated, i'd post the one that I took late last night

You can see that I've started to add some of the resin details that I cast... there is a LOT more of that to add.  I've also made a head... this is currently my 'working version'.... and could be subject to change.  I have more cannons added to the rear towers and these now properly rotate.  The central tower is also now completed, with buttresses added below the balcony (i'm pretty happy with that overall)

You can also see that I've started to attack the model with liquid green stuff, to fill in all the gaps in the card i'm using to edge the foam-board... this will be a very time consuming task, but will ultimately mean that it looks a lot better in the end!


My main problem at the moment... is what to do with the front two platforms for the castle section???  Every time that I look at it, I can't decide if it needs more towers (like the back) or something different

Until I completely decide i'm going to be working on the details for the top section... and completing the hip section so that I can get it to stand (finally)

The front tower design

for example I could stick to the classic design


Or I could go for something like this with gun emplacements etc... 


Personally i'm gravitating to the middle image... as I have towers at the back and can create gun emplacements for the front




1 comment:

  1. I'd go with two towers only - but I'd make them a little bit higher (sorry), so both the gun emplacements at the front and the guns in the turrets can fire in the front direction.

    ReplyDelete